Friday, May 3, 2013

Fitness- Dunkin style

Okay, it was a loooooooong, loooooooong cold winter, and a rather dreary spring. The time has come to get motivated, get up off the couch, find the motivation to move.

I have to admit, I am somewhat of a loner. I am not that good at following the crowd, or for that matter, having a large group of friends. I work in retail and that means long days, so I need inspiration to exercise at a moments notice, when I can fit it in.

After many false starts, and attempts at consistent daily exercise, I finally realize my need for a partner in fitness. Someone who will push me to walk, go to the gym. I am looking for someone who is happy, content in their day to day life. My training partner needs to be in decent shape, so they don't hold me back. I don't want a complainer, someone who whines about their spouse, children or job. Selfishly, I want my hour of fitness to be ALL about me!
Dunkin,my training partner and inspiration for a healthy lifestyle.

I dig my old sneakers out of the closet and we head out to the trails for our walk, which we have done many times before. But I hope this time is different, I hope I can keep going every day. It's more than weight loss I am after. I 'm looking for that peace of mind, contentment, zen that seems to come when you are fit, healthy and happy. Just like Dunkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment