Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Flowers, Fungus, Fauna

Allium, Ally-up
Sometimes when I think all is futile and I don't want to move forward, all it takes is a little color to make the day seem worth while. The spring in New Jersey this year has been similar to both my personality and energy level; bland, chilly and nothing too spectacular.
But finally, the flowers are blooming and the Allium inspired me to get my butt up and out the door for my daily mind leveling walk with the dog.

Usually when I take Dunkin for his morning walk, I find myself looking down, thinking about work, which I already spend plenty of time doing & thinking about. Therefore, the last thing I want to think about is work when I am off. But inspired by the beautiful purple Allium, I tried to stay in the moment of the walk. I am very lucky to live near a nature path, which supplies me with views that transport me out of NJ and into the mountains of Maine.




But for some reason, today all I could focus on was work and fungus! I am not sure of the connection, but I realized fungus thrives in dark, damp conditions. It actually has a beauty all it's own!

So today I too will thrive like my fellow fungi, and blossom like the Allium!

No comments:

Post a Comment